- 115 g SAF Yeast
- 60 g Salt
- 4.5 kg Bread Flour
- 2 kg Water
- 6 each Egg
- 640 g Canola Oil
- 300 g Sugar
- 300 g Honey
- Combine the water, eggs and yeast in a large planetary mixer.
- Add the flour and sugar and continue to mix on low speed for 5 minutes adding the oil slowly.
- Add the salt and continue to mix for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large container and bulk ferment for 1 hour, fold the dough over and allow to rise for a second hour.
- Portion out the dough to 230 g balls.
- Braid the Challah and allow it to rest overnight to develop a deeper flavor.
- Brush with an egg wash.
- Bake on convection mode at 320°F for 20 minutes.
Bakery and Pastry Recipe Book
For more inspiration on bakery and pastry items, download our FREE recipe book.
Honey Challah 2017-12-20T15:22:09+00:00